I am looking for self-motivated PhD students in Spring 22 and Fall 22. If you are interested in working with me, please apply for the graduate program at William and Mary . In addition, please drop me an email with the following information! You can also find the recruiting advertisement on the 1point3acres Website
Prospective PhD Students and Visiting Scholars
- For Prospective PhD Students I am actively looking for self-motivated PhD students with RA scholarship in Spring 22 and Fall 22. If you are interested in working with me, please drop me an email (email@example.com) with the following information.
- For Intern Students I am also looking for 2-3 students who would like to do remote intern with me. In the past few years, I have mentored more than 8 undergraduates to conduct research projects, and most of them obtained an offer of Master or PhD program from top schools, such as Stanford, CMU, and UIUC. If you are interested in my research projects, please drop me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information.
(1) your CV; (2) your transcript; (3) detailed description of your research experience; (4) Why do you prefer to work with me? (5) what is your future plan after graduation (E.g., research scientist, or faculty in academia); and (6) representative publications (optional) if available. The subject of the email should start with “[PROSPECTIVE-PHD]”.
(1) your CV; (2) your transcript; (3) detailed description of your background and research experience; (4) Why do you prefer to work with me? (5) What is your future plan? (e.g., Apply for PhD or Master); (6) representative publications if available. The subject of the email should start with “[PROSPECTIVE-INTERN]”. I will reach out if your background seems like a potential good fit.
- Ph.D. Degree: Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA. (Sep. 2015 - Aug. 2021)
- Master Degree: Control Engineering (EE), Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China. (Sep. 2011 - Mar. 2014)
- Bachelor Degree: Automation (EE), Jiangnan University, China. (Aug. 2007 - Jun. 2011)
- [04/2022]: One paper got accepted by ICLR 2023!!! Congrats to undergraduate students Clare and Emilio
- [04/2022]: One paper got accepted by SIGIR 2022!!!
- [03/2022]: One paper got accepted by CVPR 2022!!!
- [09/2021]: I accepted the invitation to serve as PC for The Web Conference 2022 and ICLR 2022
- [01/2021]: Our paper " Controllable and diverse text generation in E-commerce "is accepted by the Web Conference (WWW)2021! The model is currently DEPLOYED in Taobao E-commerce platform.
- [08/2020]: Our paper received best paper award at SenSys 2020!!!
- [08/2020]: I accepted the invitation to serve as PC for The Web Conference 2021 and AAAI 2021!!
- [07/2020]: Our paper "Truth Discovery with Multi-modal Data in Social Sensing" is accepted by IEEEE Trans. on Computers !
- [06/2020]: Our paper "ControlVAE: Controllable Variational Autoencoder" is accepted by ICML2020 !
Awards and Honors
- SenSys 2020 Best Paper Award
- Fusion 2019 Student Paper Award
- UbiComp 2018 Distinguished Paper Award
- ICCPS 2017 Best Paper Award
- Program Comittee for WWW2022 and ICLR2022
- Program Comittee for AAAI2021 and WWW2021
- Reviewer for IEEE Sensor Journal, IEEE GLOBECOM, IEEE TPDS, IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing
- Email: hshao [at] wm [dot] edu
Top Conferences Deadline
|Conference Names||Due Date||Website Link|
|The Web Conference (WWW)||Oct 21, 2021||https://www2022.thewebconf.org/|
|ICLR||Oct 5, 2021||https://iclr.cc/|
|CVPR||Nov 9, 2021|
|ACL||Nov 15, 2021|
|ICML||Jan 20/27, 2022||ICML 2022 Link|
|KDD||Feb 10th, 2022||KDD 2022 Link|
|NeurIPs||May 21/28, 2021||NeurIPs 2021 Link|