Assistant Professor @ William and Mary
I am a tenure-track assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science at William and Mary. Before, I recevied Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from University of Illinois Urbana Champaign (UIUC), where I was supervised by Professor Tarek Abdelzaher. My research interests focus on Cyber-physical systems, Controllable Generation, and Social Networks
Email: hshao [at] wm [dot] edu
Prospective PhD Students and Visiting Scholars
I am always looking for self-motivated PhD and intern students. If you are interested in working with me, please fill out the Google Form.
- Ph.D. Degree: Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA. (Sep. 2015 - Aug. 2021)
- Master Degree: Control Engineering (EE), Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China. (Sep. 2011 - Mar. 2014)
- Bachelor Degree: Automation (EE), Jiangnan University, China. (Aug. 2007 - Jun. 2011)
- [05/2023]: Congrats to intern students Clare and Emilio got an fully funded offer from The University of Cambridge! I am proud of you!
- [02/2023]: One paper got accepted by CVPR 2023!!! Congrats to intern students Yizhuo Chen
- [04/2022]: One paper got accepted by SIGIR 2022!!!
- [01/2021]: Our paper " Controllable and diverse text generation in E-commerce "is accepted by the Web Conference (WWW)2021! The model is currently DEPLOYED in Taobao E-commerce platform.
- [08/2020]: Our paper received best paper award at SenSys 2020!!!
Awards and Honors
- SenSys 2020 Best Paper Award
- Fusion 2019 Student Paper Award
- UbiComp 2018 Distinguished Paper Award
- ICCPS 2017 Best Paper Award
- Program Comittee for WWW2022 and ICLR2022
- Program Comittee for AAAI2021 and WWW2021
- Reviewer for IEEE Sensor Journal, IEEE GLOBECOM, IEEE TPDS, IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing
- Email: hshao [at] wm [dot] edu